NYC's Ant Control Solution
Ants can be a seasonal or a year round problem - and controlling them can be more difficult that you might think. Large infestations typically require professional help. If you have an ant problem, give us a call and we can find the right ant control solutions for your needs.
Know Your Enemy: Ant Facts
Ants build nests outside and can forage for food inside your home. They can be found in small, dark, hidden places like beneath floorboards or in crevices at the joints of walls and floors, under appliances. It is helpful to understand the behavior of ants in order to get rid of them. They forage for sugar based or protein/grease based food to bring back to their colony. They then leave a pheromone trail for other ants to follow and so killing any and every ant you see will not solve the problem. Your treatment plan will have to involve a way to eliminate the ant colony.
How to avoid ants:
- Keep your house or apartment clean; Ants are attracted to food.
- Sweep the floor and wipe down surfaces that you ate or prepared food on after every meal.
- Make sure that food containers are tightly sealed.
- Take out the trash every day.
- Wash your dirty dishes right away - do not leave them in the sink!
Learn more about ants and ant control:
- Live in colonies.
- Black or brown in color.
- Depending on species, can range from 2mm to 13mm.
Have An Ant Problem?
Call us at 718-851-3403 or 718-851-3405 or:
Request A Quote